Teeth extraction process, including tooth of age 20 that is known as embedded (recessed) teeth among society cyst operations, mouth-cleaning operations to remove tumors, implant surgery, phrenilectomy - vestibuloplast - frenulum - (ie, lip, cheek and tongue as hard tissue formation connecting the muscle attachments) liberalization of the operations, lefort surgery needed for orthognathic surgery interested in the jaw bone and having conjuction with orthodontic treatment, adding direct interventions are done by j aw joint surgery.
Embedded teeth surgery;
It is the withdrawal (extraction) process of third molar tooth having smear problem usually within the mouth. As these teeth are has time to last between the ages of 17-25 it is also called tooth of age 20. This occurs where the teeth are left in the mouth. If it lasts properly in contact with opposing teeth in one direction, and does not cause place obstruction ,age of 20 doees not need to be pulled. Dog (canine) teeth is also kind of tooth having a problem of lasting.Those teeth can also be pulled out of the palate or lasted with orthodontic brackets.
Why should tooth of age 20 be withdrawn?
Rotten: Caries may occur in teeth if saliva, bacteria and uneaten meal are accumulated during the lasting of the teeth, it can treat other teeth and it is difficult to realize . If caries occur in these teeth it can cause infection and abscess. Pain can be felt.
- Gum abscess (Pericoronitis): A part of the erupted teeth, infections in the region can affect the soft tissue and may cause to have bad smell breath , pain,oedama.In some cases,mouth looses the ability of being opened and trismus occurs,if this lasts it can also spread to neck and cheek area by the help of the lymphs .As this area is not suitable for best cleaning it is vulnerable for infection .
- Pressure Pain:Tooth of age 20 may put pressure on other teeth during lasting and may cause pain.Besides it may cause detrital and resorption in nearer teeth.
- Orthodontic Purpose: Many young individuals are having orthodontic treatment to correct inexplicit statue within their teeth.Lasting pressure of tooth of age 20 may cause pressure in the neighboorhood ,may push others and may result as inexplicit form.
- Prosthesis Related Causes: While planning for Prosthesis we must take tooth of age 20 into consideration cause they are rarely used as a prosthetic. Therefore,in some cases they cause for pulling out of teeth.
- Cyst Formation: While the surrounding of the impacted teeth, follicle (case) may be resolved due to lack of cystic formations. These formations may grow and bone resorption (erosion) and may create large gaps in the bone causing weakness of the jaw bone. In these case, the jaw bone can cause fractures. On rare occasions it can turn into cysts, tumors. To avoid this risk, tooth of age 20 extraction must be done without delay.
I do not have problem within tooth of age 20 ,do I have to make it pulled out anyway?
Although you do not have a problem with it, you must talk to your doctor for check up and examination, and panoramic film must be taken for better analysis. If you do not have a problemic position, infection, place problem ,dental caries problem, or bad breath it can be evaluated later. But remember that it may all come out at a time suddenly as unexpected and it may cause pain and a lot of more troubles . To prevent this behavior,it may also be pulled out for protection.
So, what is the best time for tooth of age 20 extraction?
There is not such a time if you want cure to be more speedly it must be withdrawn between ages of 20 to 30.Cause operations after age of 40 it is more difficult , post-operative period is more difficult whereas the cure process time increases ( longer recovery period.).
I can see or feel the tip of my teeth, I have pain, redness and swelling around the gums. What should I do?
In this case, usually infection called as Pericoronitis has begun. Make an appointment with your doctor immediately. It may cause Circumvent this period without an increase in pain and swelling by an early intervention.
If you have tubercle and pain ,can tooth of age 20 be withdrawn?
Usually there is an acute and active infection. In this case, pulling out of teeth is done after the usage of antibiotics and control of oral hygiene . Otherwise, infection spreading factor within the environment occurs, it decreases the effect of anaesthesia of the anesthetic substance, and this causes pain with the operation.The infected area may have a difficult and long recovery period after surgery.
Is there a difference compared to a normal tooth extraction?
Yes, different..Position of tooth of age 20, position in the jaw bones , size, standing position, size,its upperside being covered by bone or mucous may cause to have difficulty in the withdrawn.
In this region, an easy mild swelling, pain and bleeding may occur after withdrawn. After withdrawn process, if blood is not collected in the withdrawn space ,in other words, if this place remains dry a problem so called as alveolitis- -dry socket may occur.A few days later it may get well.If the dentist's recommendations are followed ,with a good post-operative (post-process) and maintenance medication, with doctor's observation and dressing , patients may not face with these kind of problems.In patients with later age , as bone structure is more concentratied and lessflexibile, withdrawn becomes more difficult and recovery get slower.
Post-operative oral care
- Wound must not be played with. If there is not pain, infection or bleeding may develop.
- During the first 24 hours chewing should not be on that side.
- No smoking in the first 24 hours. Because smoking impairs healing by increasing blood loss.
- Do not spit . Or the clot may move and the bleeding does not stop.
- Bleeding must be controlled. If the sewing is not done sterile gauze pad must be used as tamp for 15-30 minutes. Tamp should be kept in mouth until clot occurs . If the bleeding continues after the tamp is removed a new one must placed.In order to avoid facial swelling cold tamp must be used for slowing down the circulation after operation.
- The application should be as follows: period will continue such as 10 minutes in cold tamp-2-minute break-again 10 minutes in cold tamp
- After first 24 hours, gargling with salt water is good for the mouth. 1 cup warm water 1 teaspoon salt mixture is prepared by putting.
Again, according to the state of oral hygiene after brushing teeth 2 times a day, morning and afternoon antiseptic mouthwash may be advised.It is advised to have withdrawn of tooth of age 20 , a small cyst and implant surgery, except for operations that require general anesthesia and surgical applications, especially complex, within university hospitals and other hospitals